Thursday, December 8, 2011

‎12/8/1542 - Mary Queen of Scots born







Mary, Queen of Scots (Born 12/8/1542 - Died  2/8/1587)

One would think I would despise Mary, Queen of Scots as she wanted my hero, Elizabeth I dead.  {As a side note, if you have NOT read my blogs or the about this site or me section, then I must repeat my love and admiration for Queen Elizabeth I.}   Mary, Queen of Scots gave the order to her followers to have Elizabeth dead.  At that time, and even now, people will do anything for power, especially the situation Mary was in.  Mary, Queen of Scots was practically kept under house arrest for nearly 20 years under Elizabeth I, and Elizabeth had very reasonable reasons for wanting Mary under house arrest.  However, the point of this blog is the life of Mary, Queen of Scots.  One positive character trait that one cannot deny she had, was strong conviction.  She strongly loved and believed in the Catholic faith.  On that note, I encourage you to read the Wikipedia profile for a further profile about Mary, Queen of Scots.  Happy Born Day, Mary Queen of Scots!
*I added the film, Mary Queen of Scots (from 1971 w/ Vanessa Redgrave as Mary Queen of Scots & Glenda Jackson as Elizabeth I) to my YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/user/TudorWorld

No comments: