Sunday, January 15, 2012

‎1/15/1559 - Elizabeth I crowned Queen of England

Elizabeth I crowned Queen of England
Today is a Glorious day as Elizabeth I was officially crowned Queen of England.  Elizabeth I is one of the few individuals that I admire most.  I admire her:
Strength
Loyalty
Intelligence
Wits
Affection
Unselfishness
Charisma
Sense of humor
Tenacity
Pride
....The list can go on....(if you can describe more words, please share)

Of course, she as an individual had her faults, as I do and we all do.
My admiration for the Queen is deeply personal.  I have admired Elizabeth I for many years and my "passion" for the Tudor Family, especially Elizabeth I has recently been discovered.   My love and admiration for her goes deep.  I, personally, see myself in her [But, I will not get into that now as this is about Elizabeth and not me, that is meant for another blog].

The hills she had to climb just to survive before being Queen are extraordinary.  When she became Queen she inherited a nation that was practically nothing on the globe and throughout her realm she turned England into a strong, thriving, respected, and powerful nation.  The most thrilling fact is that she did this without a single husband and an heir to the thrown.  Elizabeth I was, after all, married to England.  I admire and respect this woman SO MUCH! 

Below are some clips of films and a documentary that illustrate Elizabeth's Coronation.  On that note, today is a Proud and Glorious Day!
 







No comments: